Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What would you want that person to know? How would you like to represent yourself?

As a child, I have been shy and very quiet.  The way I expressed myself was by drawing free- handed and writing my thoughts and /or feelings in a journal. In school, trying to make friends was hard because people thought I was mean because of my facial expressions. But they didn’t realize that that was how my face is and what makes it worst today because of an eye injury. Gladly, some individuals saw me as a person who is kind, genuine, respectable, reliable, hilarious, goal-oriented, and dependable. When I became a mother, it hit me hard and fast. I had to sit down and think for hours on what I wanted to do with my life and how would I be a positive role model for my kids. My kids and my mother is the reason why I strive to do my best in any situation. Now as a single parent and young adult, I want you to see the inner me and not the outer me. I want you to see me as someone who is not afraid to share my thoughts and feelings in an appropriate manner, is goal orientated, a team player, someone who is able to follow directions, someone who doesn’t give up easily, and takes the initiative to accomplish anything.

            -Shakila T.

No comments:

Post a Comment